Friday, December 31, 2010

BMW 320si WTCC - 2007 WTCC Champion Andy Priaulx

I've never expected to fall in love with BMW race cars before I started collecting 1/43 scaled diecast. In the old days, (in between early and mid 90s - where public internet accessibility nearly non-existence at that time), like those naive schoolboy, I used to laugh at those BMW and Mercedes, I said to my younger brother "can these big body cars compete with those smaller and better aerodynamic developed JDM like Evo, Impreza, Civic, Integra Type R?". Therefore, the rich BMW motor sports heritage were visually non-existence in my mind. 

I'd changed my perception with BMW once Mclaren F1 was released... That massive V12 engine had set the Benchmark for the Super car manufacturer to beat. Then I began to recognize BMW not only builds excellent luxury cars, but their race machines are equally impressive. 


So when I first watched the FIA WTCC on a motor sports TV programme. I slowly begin to get hook with the BMW saloon car too. I saw Andy Priaulx won his third consecutive FIA World Touring Car Championship with the BMW 320si in style. Then I told myself, hey that 320si were fast and nobody can beat them in three FIA WTCC seasons.

Therefore when Minichamps announced to release the #1 320si two years ago, I quickly grabbed one before they were gone for good. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: